The Mt. Wolf Movie Theatre (as everyone seems to know it by) opened in 1946. The last movie shown was E.T. The Extraterrestrial in 1984. It then reopened in 1993 as The Mt. Wolf Gospel Arts Theatre by Jud and Ruth Wagner. The movie theatre was converted into a dinner theatre that held concerts using national known Gospel musicians. Among the groups featured at the theater was the Oak Grove Quartet of Oak Grove Baptist Church located in Bel Air, Maryland.
After owning the theater for nine years, the Wagners donated it to Oak Grove Baptist Church, with the agreement that the theater would become a sunctuary. The Wagners and the Oak Grove Quartet both knew Dan Dellosso, who was an assistant pastor by Calvary Bible Church in Hanover PA. Church leaders asked Pastor Dan to lead the new church in Mount Wolf.
From August 2003 to December of 2003, the Gospel Arts Theatre coexisted with the new church planted by Oak Grove Baptist Church. The theatre officially closed on Jan 1, 2004. The Mount Wolf Community Church held its first official service on January 10, 2004, with about 35 people.
After 5 years of faithful service, Pastor Dan, (as we all know him best), had to step down due to health reasons. Pastor Tim served as interim Pastor until Nov. 2011 when Pastor John became our Senior Pastor. Pastor Keith following God's call left in May 0f 2012 to start a church plant in East Pennsboro, Pa.